7 Every since the days of your ancestors, you have scorned my decrees and failed to obey them. Now return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “But you ask, ‘How can we return when we have never gone away?’ 8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. 12 “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
Everything we have _____________ to GOD.
Psalm 24:1 (Good News Translation) The world and all that is in it belongs to the Lord; the earth and all who live on it are his.
God influences how we . . .
Deuteronomy 8:18 (Message Translation) If you start thinking to yourselves, “I did all this. And all by myself. I’m rich. It’s all mine!”—well, think again. Remember that God, your God, gave you the strength to produce all this wealth so as to confirm the covenant that he promised to your ancestors—as it is today.
Luke 6:38 (Good News Translation) Give to others, and God will give to you. Indeed, you will receive a full measure, a generous helping, poured into your hands—all that you can hold. The measure you use for others is the one that God will use for you.”
Proverbs 3:9 (Message Translation) Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.
I. The P_____________ of God (9)
· ______ are unemployment
· ______ of Americas do not have a single penny saved for emergencies
· ______ are living from pay check to pay check
· ______million adults are living with their parents
· ______of children in the US are considered to be low income
· ______million are on food stamps
· ______million are enrolled on a welfare program
II. The P_____________ of God (10)
Sincere questions about tithing.
- What is a tithe? ___________________
- What is the difference between a tithe and an offering? The tithe is a _______ _________ amount and the offering is a _____________ amount
- Where do I tithe? _____________ (Deuteronomy 14:23)
- Should I tithe if I am in debt? _____________ (Proverbs 3:9-10)
- What does tithing establish? _____________ (Deuteronomy 14:23)
- Why do I tithe? ______________________
III. The P_____________ of God
God will . . .
A. Reward your f_____________
· Giving that is r_____________ will be r_____________.
B. Replenish your f_____________ (11)
C. Recognize your f_____________ (12)